You can compare between facilities of the Medicare Supplement Plans 2018 of various private insurance companies. If you find any plan profitable for you rather than existing policy, then you can of course alter the company.
Switching to a new insurance company
You have opportunity to change the company once in a year.
- Generally, the opportunity to compare between the advantages and prices of various Medicare supplement plans begins in your birth date.
- You can afford of this interesting facility 30 days after this particular date.
- You cannot opt this opportunity of comparing two policies before your birth date.
- In case of switching your plans you cannot opt for a plan which has extra advantages.
- Two policies cannot exist in the same time.
- Usually insurers do not go for middle of the month effective dates.
- You must confirm the activation of the new plan. You should not cancel the older plan before getting the new plan.
- To ensure the proper transfer from the pre existing to new plan you have to give two premiums for a month only.
- The clients must be conscious while selecting the new plan.
- They must give a prior notice to the insurers.
- Clients have to be very keen about the date of application of the new plan.
If any insurer or his private insurance company does unethical practices, you can immediately file a complaint against them. TDI will assist you a lot in this particular matter. You should protest firmly against these types of unlawful deeds. These are some illegal means taken by these fraud agents and insurance companies:
- Forcing you to give false statement in the application form is completely against law and rules.
- Twisting is one of the most unethical means taken by them. In this case they use to tremendously pressurize the client to cancel their existing policy and switch for a new one.
- Constantly forcing, pressurizing and threatening you to purchase Medicare supplement plans
- You should stay away from illegal cold lead advertising done by the agents and private insurance companies.
- Providing the similar health care benefits which you already have through your medicare policies and not giving additional facilities. You should be well aware of these unfair means.
- Claiming themselves falsely as government employees.
- Pretending their companies as government affiliated. Sometimes even using graphics or other techniques which are very much like the government practices.